|Date||Opponent / Event||Location||Time / Result|
|11/09/12||vs. Cal Poly||Fort Worth, Texas||TBA|
|11/12/12||vs. Centenary College||Fort Worth, Texas||TBA|
|11/15/12||vs. SMU||Fort Worth, Texas||TBA|
|South Padre Island Invitational|
|11/18/12||vs. Prairie View A&M||Fort Worth, Texas||TBA|
|11/20/12||vs. Navy||Fort Worth, Texas||TBA|
|11/23/12||vs. Northwestern||South Padre Island, Texas||7:30 p.m. CT|
|11/24/12||Illinois State or UAB||South Padre Island, Texas||TBA|
|11/29/12||vs. Southern Utah||Fort Worth, Texas||TBA|
|12/04/12||vs. Houston||Fort Worth, Texas||TBA|
|12/09/12||at Tulsa||Tulsa, Okla.||TBA|
|12/18/12||vs. Southern||Fort Worth, Texas||TBA|
|12/22/12||at Rice||Houston, Texas||TBA|
|12/30/12||vs. Mississippi Valley State||Fort Worth, Texas||TBA|
|01/05/13||vs. Texas Tech||Fort Worth, Texas||TBA|
|01/09/13||at Oklahoma State||Stillwater, Okla.||7:00 p.m. CT|
|01/12/13||at Baylor||Waco, Texas||TBA|
|01/16/13||vs. Kansas State||Fort Worth, Texas||8:00 p.m. CT|
|01/19/13||vs. Iowa State||Fort Worth, Texas||12:30 p.m. CT|
|01/23/13||at West Virginia||Morgantown, W.Va.||6:30 p.m. CT|
|01/26/13||vs. Baylor||Fort Worth, Texas||3:00 p.m. CT|
|02/02/13||at Texas||Austin, Texas||TBA|
|02/06/13||vs. Kansas||Fort Worth, Texas||6:00 p.m. CT|
|02/09/13||vs. West Virginia||Fort Worth, Texas||3:00 p.m. CT|
|02/11/13||at Oklahoma||Norman, Okla.||6:00 p.m. CT|
|02/16/13||at Iowa State||Ames, Iowa||12:30 p.m. CT|
|02/19/13||vs. Texas||Fort Worth, Texas||7:00 p.m. CT|
|02/23/13||at Kansas||Lawrence, Kan.||3:00 p.m. CT|
|02/27/13||vs. Oklahoma State||Fort Worth, Texas||6:00 p.m. CT|
|03/02/13||at Texas Tech||Lubbock, Texas||3:00 p.m. CT|
|03/05/13||at Kansas State||Manhattan, Kan.||7:00 p.m. CT|
|03/09/13||vs. Oklahoma||Fort Worth, Texas||TBA|
|Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship|
|03/13/13||Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship||Kansas City, Mo.||TBA|
|03/14/13||Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship||Kansas City, Mo.||TBA|
|03/15/13||Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship||Kansas City, Mo.||TBA|
|03/16/13||Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship||Kansas City, Mo.||TBA|
A few observations:
- That non-con schedule? WOOF! Looks like Tech's non-con football schedule. This year's pre-season tourney in South Padre... not quite as glamorous as venue as last year's in St. Thomas.
- FIFTEEN televised games. Pretty sure that has to be a record. Welcome to the big time! Outside of Tourney game which will be on CBS-CS, all televised Conference games will be shown on the Big 12 Network, which may or may not exist. I BELIEVE the B12N is just shown on a local channel? Confirmation? Bueller?
- TCU's first Big 12 game will be at home against Texas Tech on January 5th, which is fitting seeing as how they've been the only B12 team willing to play us on a regular basis. It will also give us a good measuring stick on whether we will finish dead last or second to dead last in the Conference. It's basically like every game for SMU football prior to last season.
- TCU faces Baylor and Texas for the first time on the road, making their return trips to the DMC ripe for revenge. That means we will lose by 25 instead of 30.
- As they do in football, TCU closes out the basketball year at home against Oklahoma. Could this become a tradition across all sports?
- Much like in football, TCU has an incredibly difficult run to navigate that will make or break the season. From late January thru Mid-Feb, TCU plays the following schedule, consecutively: at WVU, vs. Baylor, at Texas, vs. Kansas, vs. WVU. Now, don't kid yourselves into thinking I mean these games will make or break our schedule because we have a shot at winning any of them. Don't be silly! We are going to lose all of them, without a sliver of a doubt. But it'll be HOW we lose them that should determine the way things will ultimately go. Should TCU stay within 10 points of victory in any of them, that should give them enough confidence going forward to win a game or two they shouldn't later on against the Oklahomas or Iowa State. Should they get run off the court, it's entirely possible the only 2 games TCU will have a chance to win in Conference play will be against Tetch - and even those aren't a given.
- We only have 2 sets of back to back games during Conference play, which seems kind of low for whatever reason. So the Frogs will be having to gear up for travel fairly often and prepare on the road. Fortunately said road trips aren't what they used to be in the MWC, or would've been in the BEast.
- The only place the MWC wins? The MWC Championship was played in Las Vegas, a mere stumble from the strip. The B12? Kansas City... which isn't even in Kansas.
Fun game for the comments: Tech won one Conference game last year. If we can split that series and pick up another win, we're a shoo-in for second to last. Pick the non-Tech game you think TCU will win to keep us out of the basement. Me? I'm targeting 1/19 against Iowa State, because at that point in the season the team should still have enough confidence going to pull an upset. Sleeper pick is Conference game #2 against Oklahoma State which immediately follows the Tech opener. Only issue with that pick is that it'd mean I'd pick TCU to CONSECUTIVELY win their FIRST TWO BIG 12 GAMES EVER, which, if you can't tell by my all caps, would NEVER happen.