Here is a new Spitblood feature for all you college basketball fans / degenerate gamblers. We are going to do a brief weekly write up on where the MWC and Big East stand as far as the NCAA tournament is concerned. I will include the teams and as well the general idea of which seed they might garner. It is a work in progress so if you don't like it, then you can get the fudge out. Lets start with our current conference.
- #6 SDSU (20-0) - They have a basketball team? I know, I was suprised too. And they are good, really good. 'Signature win' against #12 Gonzaga. Also projected at a 2. Next Wednesday at BYU will let us know a lot about both teams.
- # 9 BYU (18-1) - Did you know that Jimmer Fredette is the leading scorer in the country? Well he is. and he also has the worst first name in the country also. Projected 2 seed, probably drops to a 3 or 4 considering they still have rival Utah and 2 games against #6 SDSU.
- UNLV (14-5) - They have some good wins over Wisconsin and K. State, but have dropped their first meetings with both BYU and SDSU. A loss on Wednesday to Colorado State was painful because CSU could jump up there at take a spot. Projected 10 seed.
- Does anybody else hate this term as much as me? Good.
- CSU (13-5) - Yeah, it doesn't look good for the Rams. They still face BYU twice and SDSU twice and they haven't really put up a notable win all season except for the one against UNLV the other night. Took a pummeling from Kansas in the early goings. If they can't split those four games with BYU and SDSU then they might be out. Projected - Out
- Pittsburgh (18-1) - 1 Seed
- Syracuse (18-1) - 2 Seed (maybe 1?) - Scoops Jardin is the name of the season.
- UConn (15-2) - 2 Seed
- Villanova (16-2) - 3 Seed
- Notre Dame (15-4) - 3/4 Seed
- Lousiville (15-3) - 6 Seed
- West Virginia (12-5) - 7 Seed
- Georgetown (14-5) - 7 Seed
- St. Johns (11-6) - 8 Seed
- Cincinnati (16-3) - 9 Seed
- Marquette (13-6) - 12/13 Seed