Thursday, October 28, 2010
Friend of the blog Little Moe with the Gimpy Leg has requested that I let everyone know that he is looking for 3-4 tickets for the Utah game, preferably in the TCU section. So if anyone can help him out please post in the comments section below and he will get in touch with you.
I know I’ve used this excuse numerous times before this season, but let’s be honest, the cellar dwellers of the MWC have the most no-name rosters in all of college football and I know NOTHING about UNLV. But I’ll give it a shot as far as players to watch, but when a team is 1-6 they usually don’t have anyone of note, and the game is at 10pm central time so being coherent enough to pay attention to the game is my main concern at this point.
Omar Clayton (Sr. QB, 6’1 205, #2)
I feel like Omar has been around FOREVER, and I guess he kinda has. He’s got 3 letters already, so he’s been playing since he was a freshman and is starting for his 3rd season. He put together a solid season in 2008 with 18 TD’s and 4 INTs before injuring his knee in the 9th game and missing the rest of the year. His bounce back season last year was pretty mediocre, throwing 13 TD’s and 12 picks. This season Omar has 941 passing yards, 5 TD’s and 2 INTs to go along with 140 on the ground (averaging 2 ypc) and 1 TD. Like I said, the numbers are pretty uninspiring, as is UNLV in general, so there isn’t much to discuss there. Omar is of course most famous for his rampant drug thievery of Avon Barksdale and Stringer Bell’s
Meh, who cares?This is
Here are the arguments why this will happen:
- This week they are in Los Angeles for Oregon @ USC. Rice-Eccles is 694 easy truckin' miles away while Baton Rouge is over 1,800 miles away. Chris Fowler has said that logistics do play a part in their next location.
- As long as TCU and Utah win, it'll be a top 10 matchup.
- Both LSU and Alabama are off this week. LSU is close to breaking back into the top 10. They could go up because of the Michigan State loss in Iowa City this weekend (write it down).
- Gameday has featured LSU once, and Alabama twice already this year.
- Gameday hasn't been to the University of Utah since 2004.