Thursday, October 18, 2007
Until I saw this guy:
Alabama flag? Check. Houndstooth hat? Check. Kilt? Check. Bear Bryant tattoo covering his entire back? Check check CHECK. Wow. This is a guy that genuinely has to have Alabama perform well or else his body image will be VERY damaged.
The best part is, this guy is probably completely one of the T-shirt fans we consistently ridicule when referring to the Bevos. However, with this kind of dedication, I think I'd have to let any sort of comments slide. Bravo, sir.
Also, I was trying to think of a situation where this could be applied to a TCU fan. First instinct would be to have Dutch tattooed on your back, but seeing as how his time was well before any of our parents were even born, I think we'd have to have something more recent. GP hasn't achieved permanent ink status. Yet.
I'm guessing it would have to be LT, stiff arming satan while crushing the skull of Osama Bin Laden. and the ball would be the decapitated noggin' of Hitler. Just a thought.
Obvious, Obvious Keys, Briefly:
- Stop the run. Utah is undefeated when they rush for more than 100 yards. TCU has given up 100 yards to runner in 5 of the last 7 games. This must change tonight
- Secondary must step up. Secondary has been great at stopping short plays, but gets killed on deep plays. Utah has a very solid passing game. Big plays must be kept to a minimum.
- Dalton. Utah's secondary is relatively banged up. They will be better than Stanford, but we need Dalton to play out of his mind once more to open up plays for...
- Brown/Turner. Do I really need to elaborate? Utah's D-line is strong, but their LBs are suspect. Our O-line needs to put up another dominating performance because once Brown or Turner can get through that first level, it can be lights out.
- Return Defense. Apparently Utah has a top notch return man. No big returns.
- Kicking Game. Recruit a new kicker.
That's basically the highlights for anyone that doesn't want to read the articles, although this is pretty much how we should prepare for any game.
Also, if you need any added reason to dislike Utah, they produced Keith Van Horn, who, while not being the sole cause for the Mavericks lackluster Finals performance, he sure wasn't good for it.
Neil Dougherty pointing towards his next destination: The F outta here.
In other news, the TCU women's basketball team is supposed to finish second in conference which leads me to ask: Like a tree falling in the woods, if the TCU women's basketball team wins the conference, does anyone know and/or care?