Obvious, Obvious Keys, Briefly:
- Stop the run. Utah is undefeated when they rush for more than 100 yards. TCU has given up 100 yards to runner in 5 of the last 7 games. This must change tonight
- Secondary must step up. Secondary has been great at stopping short plays, but gets killed on deep plays. Utah has a very solid passing game. Big plays must be kept to a minimum.
- Dalton. Utah's secondary is relatively banged up. They will be better than Stanford, but we need Dalton to play out of his mind once more to open up plays for...
- Brown/Turner. Do I really need to elaborate? Utah's D-line is strong, but their LBs are suspect. Our O-line needs to put up another dominating performance because once Brown or Turner can get through that first level, it can be lights out.
- Return Defense. Apparently Utah has a top notch return man. No big returns.
- Kicking Game. Recruit a new kicker.
That's basically the highlights for anyone that doesn't want to read the articles, although this is pretty much how we should prepare for any game.
Also, if you need any added reason to dislike Utah, they produced Keith Van Horn, who, while not being the sole cause for the Mavericks lackluster Finals performance, he sure wasn't good for it.